Benjamin Gilmore, 64, of Wharton passed away Dec. 16, 2019. Benjamin E. Gilmore was born Sept. 1, 1955 in Wharton to Thomas and Ethel Collins Gilmore. Mr. Benjamin worked for AT&T. He is survived by his wife Deloris Gilmore of Wharton; sons: Torrence Gilmore and Benjamin Gilmore, both of Wharton; brother Thomas (Jeff) Gilmore III of New Braunfels; sisters: Ethel Gilmore Harris of Austin, Wanda Dixon of Round Rock; four grandchildren; and a host of other relatives, friends, students and family. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 21 at Macadonia Baptist Church, with the Rev. Leo Humphrey, officiating. Interment will follow at Peach Creek Cemetery. Visitation will be from 1–6 p.m. at Gooden Hatton Funeral Home.
- Police give chase, get suspects
- WC to receive part of Harvey funds for ‘LMI’ renters
- Lake Nett resident still has drainage issues with WISD
- HOOPS: Boling girls fall in bi-district to Anderson-Shiro
- WCC&A: Monroe 'Volunteer of the Year'
- Pancake Supper planned Feb. 20
- ELECTION 2020: Boettcher says misinformation about him begins with Rep. Stephenson
- Lockley has plan to turn Zarksy's into his own
- WISD superintendent to attend ‘Tiger Talk Time’
- Patsy Samora Pena