James Royce McCray, 71, of Wharton, passed away on Sunday, Dec. 8, 2019, at a Wharton hospital following a sudden illness. James was born June 3, 1948 in Shelby County to the late Elzie Wayne McCray and Laverne Cox McCray. James was raised in Orange County and attended schools in Orangefield. James, along with his wife Angie, operated Blue Moon Antiques in Wharton. James was preceded in death by his parents and his younger brother Charles McCray. James is survived by his wife Angie of Wharton; daughter Crystal Faas of Dallas; sons: Jason McCray of Beaumont and David Paisley of Dallas; sister Elaine Thompson; brothers: Wayne McCray, Raymond McCray and Jimmy McCray; eight grandchildren and two great-grandchildren. In lieu of flowers, the family ask that you make a donation to the charity of your choice. Funeral services under the direction of Wharton Funeral Home. Condolences may be left at whartonfuneralhome.com.
- Police give chase, get suspects
- WC to receive part of Harvey funds for ‘LMI’ renters
- Lake Nett resident still has drainage issues with WISD
- HOOPS: Boling girls fall in bi-district to Anderson-Shiro
- WCC&A: Monroe 'Volunteer of the Year'
- Pancake Supper planned Feb. 20
- ELECTION 2020: Boettcher says misinformation about him begins with Rep. Stephenson
- Lockley has plan to turn Zarksy's into his own
- WISD superintendent to attend ‘Tiger Talk Time’
- Patsy Samora Pena