The following individuals were booked into the Wharton County Jail dating back to Feb. 2. The arrest records available are public information. Any indication of an arrest does not mean the individual identified has been convicted of a crime. All persons arrested are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
As of Monday, Feb. 8, the inmate count at the jail was 102 inmates. On Monday, Jan. 25, the inmate count was 111 inmates. The jail houses a maximum 144 beds.
• Elizabeth Angeles, 25, of Houston, was arrested on a felony warrant criminal nonsupport charge by the Wharton County Sheriff’s Office at 1:52 p.m., Feb. 2;
• Johnny Albert Barrientes, 37, of El Campo, was arrested on an assault family/household member impede breath/circulation felony warrant charge by the WCSO at 9:05 p.m., Feb. 2;
• Chad Wade Barnard, 43, of Wharton, was arrested on a cruelty to non-livestock animals: fail to provide warrant misdemeanor charge by the WCSO at 5:27 a.m., Feb. 3;
• Emilio Loredo, Jr., 23, of El Campo, was arrested on an evading arrest detention with vehicle charge by the Texas Department of Public Safety at 1:15 p.m., Feb. 3;
• Anthony Armand Aleman, 42, of Portland, was arrested on a DWI misdemeanor charge by Texas DPS at 8 p.m., Feb. 5. He was released Feb. 6;
• Randy Lucas Smith, 46, of Wharton, was arrested on an online solicit of a minor felony warrant charge by the WCSO at 11:37 a.m., Feb. 6. He was released Feb. 7;
• Kenneth Wayne Thomas, Jr., 22, of El Campo, was arrested on a DWI 2nd misdemeanor charge by the El Campo Police Department at 9:58 p.m., Feb. 7. He was released Feb. 8;
• Jeremy Zachary Crain, 28 of Sweeny, was arrested on an assault causes bodily injury family member misdemeanor charge by the WCSO at 7:37 p.m., Feb. 8. He was released Feb. 8;
• Robie Faye Lee, 63, of Wharton, was arrested on an assault causes bodily injury misdemeanor warrant charge by the WCSO at 5:49 p.m., Feb. 9;
• Edward Allen Sanders, Jr., 38, of Wharton, was arrested on a DWI misdemeanor charge by the WCSO at 8:32 p.m., Feb. 9.