Residents get smoked out of Richmond Road home - Wharton Journal-Spectator: News

default avatar
Welcome to the site! Login or Signup below.
|
||
Logout|My Dashboard

Residents get smoked out of Richmond Road home

Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 9:59 pm

A cooking fire spread through a home on the 500 block of Richmond Road on Friday, June 7. According to the Wharton Volunteer Fire Department, a man had been cooking on the stove, and the stove roared until a fire lit up and spread from the kitchen down the hallway.

Wharton Fire Chief Anthony Abbott said that since the house had “ship lap” wood panels and a high ceiling, a light-colored smoke spread substantially through the house. 

More about

More about

  • Discuss

Welcome to the discussion.

A subscription service is required to post comments.

Rules of Conduct

  • 1 Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
  • 2 Don't Threaten or Abuse. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated. AND PLEASE TURN OFF CAPS LOCK.
  • 3 Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
  • 4 Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
  • 5 Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
  • 6 Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.