OakBend Medical Center officials said effective Monday, Aug. 31, it will implement a modification to its visitor policy to allow one visitor per patient per day.
In an email to the Journal-Spectator, OakBend said this decision comes as a result of weeks of research, executive team meetings, and assessment of the impact of COVID-19 hospital wide as well as across the Greater Houston area and Fort Bend communities.
OakBend administrator Marilyn Phillips commented on the policy.
“OakBend is fully prepared to safely care for patients, and is equipped with both the resources, as well as staff, to fully support the revised visitor policy,” Phillips said. “OakBend always has the safety of our patients, physicians, and staff the number one priority.”
The executive team has taken all of these factors into consideration in order to ensure that we can continue to provide a healthy and safe working environment for not only our OakBend patients, but our staff and physicians.
The revised visitor policy and its exclusions are listed below:
• One visitor per patient per day;
• Visiting hours are 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.;
• No visitors under the age of 18 allowed;
• No visitors allowed on the COVID 19 unit as well as isolation patients until further notice;
• The main lobby doors will remain closed after 5 p.m. The Emergency Room entrance will remain open 24 hours, seven days a week.