The Boling Independent School District recently announced the time and date for commencement exercises for the Boling High School Class of 2020.
Boling ISD said there are guidelines to follow in accordance with the issuance of Gov. Greg Abbott’s Executive Order GA-21. As a result, BHS’s graduation will be at 8 p.m. on Thursday, June 4 at Boling ISD’s Bulldog Stadium.
According to BISD, if inclement weather is experienced, the alternate day will be Friday, June 5, which is the next day.
In a communication letter from BISD, it read that “the executive order and Texas Education Agency (TEA) guidelines allow for (BISD) to host an outdoor graduation ceremony on or after June 1, however (BISD) must abide by certain constraints. Accordingly, the graduation ceremony is voluntary and will be limited to graduating seniors and five patrons per graduate (five entrance tickets will be allowed per graduate).”
BISD said it would also live stream the graduation ceremony. Stadium entrances will open at 7:15 p.m.
Graduating seniors may pick up senior packets, caps, gowns and invitations at Boling High School on Tuesday, May 12 during the hours of 8-11 a.m. and 4:30-6 p.m.
Patrons and graduation ceremony guidelines
Boling ISD said patrons who attend the outdoor graduation must comply with social distancing standards and adhere to 15 guidelines, including:
• It is the responsibility of patrons to maintain social distancing standards;
• All stadium entrances will open at 7:15 p.m. and the ceremony will begin at 8:00 p.m. Please practice social distancing and avoid congregating at entrances and common areas;
• To comply with mandated capacity limits, each senior will receive five tickets for seating. Only ticket holders will be admitted. All patrons must present a ticket at the main gate (including children);
• Participating students and patrons must be screened via questioning, so each graduate will receive related screening surveys in advance. Screening surveys must be presented with a ticket upon entry;
• Graduates will arrive at the stadium with their families and go directly to their designated seat on the field while practicing social distancing;
• Seating will be available in the home and visitors stands. Warning tape will indicate rows that are off-limits. Families can sit in groups of five, but social distancing should be applied elsewhere. Standing around stadium fence is allowed if social standards are applied
• School officials will be limited to the minimum number required to logistically support the ceremony;
• Patrons will not be allowed on the track or field;
• BHS has secured a professional photographer and the ceremony will be live streamed via Facebook on the Boling Sports page;
• Hand sanitizer stations will be available at the entrance and in common areas;
• Graduation programs will be included in the senior packet and will also be available online (can be printed prior to ceremony);
• We encourage anyone who is sick or vulnerable to stay at home;
• At the conclusion of the ceremony, patrons shall promptly exit the facility (through any gate) while practicing social distancing standards;
• Each senior will receive a graduation packet placed under their chair (awards, certificates, project graduation prizes, transcript, etc.)
• Be advised these guidelines are subject to change as underlying public health conditions change as determined by Gov. Abbott and the TEA.