Staff video by Albert Villegas
The sod placement on Elm Street across from Riverfront Park is part of the overall strategy of downtown revitalization, Wharton Economic Development Corporation Executive Director Joshua Owens said.
Wharton EDC is actively seeking a retail establishment or restaurant that could utilize the outdoor space as part of redeveloping the law office at 135 West Burleson Street.
"In the interim, we are examining creative ways to activate the space, as we want a lively downtown retail environment," Owens said.
The sod placement project was led by Wharton’s business community, specifically Richard Lockley, of Wharton Feed and Supply. He coordinated donations from local sod farmers and labor from Victory in Jesus.
The land is .53 acres.
- WHARTON ISD: Educator, coach allegedly attacked by students
- Beverly Denise Washington-Taylor
- Cynthia D. Courtney
- Former WCSO sergeant resigns following arrest days before
- Benjamin John Merecka
- Melissa L. Schimcek
- Wharton County has six more COVID-19 deaths
- Karen Herzog
- IN CUSTODY: Sept 27 through Oct. 4
- James ‘Jimmy’ Tucker
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.